Corporate Accountant, Walter Hospitality
LOCATION: Westmount, Montreal
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent
THE WALTER GROUP
The Walter Group is a family-backed investment firm whose team members share the interests and values of the Somers Family. Comprised of talented teams of seasoned financial experts, the group internally manages a sizeable portfolio of assets, including a business unit in the hospitality sector called Walter Hospitality.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company? We offer a very professional and fulfilling working environment where people take pleasure in all they do. At Walter Hospitality, you will have the opportunity to discover the hospitality sector and collaborate with passionate and highly skilled professionals, where your skills can be demonstrated and shine. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, we are looking for a corporate accountant who is detail-oriented, a team player, and for which quality of support provided to others is key. If you are motivated by being part of the success of an evolving company, you may be the one we are looking for
- Full accounting cycle, including month-end journal entries, intercompany transactions,and bank reconciliation, to closing the financial statements;
- Project management accounting for various opportunities within the entity;
- Participation in various special projects and requests for the division;
- Periodic GST/PST filings;
- Full accounts payable cycle;
- Cheque and deposit preparation, when required;
- Integrating financial information and statements on a new accounting platform;
- Participating in the annual audit and tax filings;
- Maintaining a systematic and organized filing system for the documents and files, and
- Ad hoc analysis and administrative tasks for the stakeholders.
- College or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Team and service-oriented;
- Organized and attentive to detail, and
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
Submit your application (cover letter and resumé) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the Walter Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.