Senior HR advisor
LOCATION: Westmount, Montreal
SCHEDULE: Full time
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent
THE WALTER GROUP
The Walter Group is a family-backed investment firm whose team members share the interest and values of the Somers Family. Comprised of talented teams of seasoned financial experts, the group internally manages a sizeable portfolio of assets.
Guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit spanning multiple generations, the group embraces an active and long-term approach to investing. Our teams bring passion to everything they do, and foster relationships based on trust, integrity, respect, and fairness.
For more information on the Walter Group, please visit www.waltergroup.ca.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company? We offer a very professional and fulfilling working environment where people take pleasure in all they do. At the Walter Group, you will have the opportunity to discover the investment sector and collaborate with passionate and highly skilled professionals, where your skills will be leveraged and allow you to shine.
We are looking for a Human Resource senior advisor responsible for all recruiting activities, payroll life cycle and who is detail-oriented, a team player and who thrive at providing quality support to others. This new role is reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, is created to support the organisational growth.
Your professionalism, discretion and technical abilities will contribute to our employees satisfaction throughout their career within the group.
Support business units in the employee recruiting process
Lead University recruiting and related communications efforts
Support the organisation and participate in HR-related leadership meetings
- Coordinate and manage complete payroll lifecycle processe
- Manage the payroll tax aspects for all employees of the group’s business units
- Support business units in the employee recruiting process
- Support business units in university recruiting efforts
- Participate in an HR system implementation
- Ensure legal obligations are met for payroll process, for all business units
- Ensure appropriate payroll controls are defined and put in place.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and constant evolution
- Experience in system implementation is an asset
- Knowledge of systems such as Ceridian, Sage Intacct and Criterion will be considered an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in related field
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Personal Characteristics & Attributes
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Importance given to details and accuracy
- Collaborative work ethics and result oriented
- Absolute importance in managing confidential information adequately
Submit your application (cover letter and resumé) to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the Walter Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.