LOCATION : Westmount, Montreal
EMPLOYMENT TYPE : Permanent
THE WALTER GROUP
The Walter Group is an investment firm whose team members share the interests and values of the Somers Family. Comprised of talented teams of seasoned financial experts, the group self-manages a sizeable portfolio of assets in both public and private markets.
Guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit spanning multiple generations, the group embraces an active and long-term approach to investing. Our teams bring passion to everything they do, and foster relationships based on trust, integrity, respect, and fairness.
For more information on the Walter Group, please visit www.waltergroup.ca.
We offer a very professional and fulfilling working environment where people take pleasure in all they do. At the Walter Group, in the parent-company business units, you will have the opportunity to discover the investment sector and collaborate with passionate and highly skilled professionals, where your skills will be leveraged and allow you to shine.
If you are bilingual and a CPA auditor, we are looking forward to initiating a discussion!
Working with the Walter Group’s CFO, your role will encompass the following:
- Monthly preparation, consolidation, and analysis of the multi-group financial statements
- Preparation of the annual budget for each business unit as well as the consolidated version
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements and support of annual external audits
- Assisting the CFO in defining, implementing, and tracking financial and operational KPIs
- Assisting the CFO in all taxation aspects of the Group
- Supporting stakeholders in information requests, reporting, and ad hoc analysis
- Supporting the CFO in the preparation of Advisory Board material
- Ongoing oversight and tracking of the parent company portfolio performance
- Management, coaching, and development of strong accounting resources (2)
- Minimum of 5 years
- Experience in a financial firm or family office is considered an asset
- Professional designation (CPA, CFA, etc.)
Skills & Abilities
- Fully bilingual (French and English)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Sage Intacct is considered an asset
Personal Characteristics & Attributes
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Detailed oriented
- Collaborative approach focus on service and results
- Positive Leadership and coaching oriented
- Respects confidentiality of information
We thank all candidates for their interest in the Walter Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.